Hot Springs National Park By Michael Korfhage, Joel Anderson, 2013
- Hot Springs National Park
Hot Springs National Park was the first piece of federal land ever designated for preservation. In 1832, Congress created the Hot Springs Reservation. Following that act of protection, a town sprung up around the springs, a city of recreation, gambling, baseball, horse races, speakeasies, and of course, bathhouses and hot springs. In 1921, the protected area was officially made into a national park. It was thought for centuries that the springs contained mythical healing powers, and Anderson Design Group captured that magical aura surrounding the springs in this mid-century, vintage travel poster. Handcrafted with brush, stylus, and pencil, this illustration depicts a section of the springs and a verdant wood surrounding it. To learn more about the springs and the importance of protecting them, click on over to the Pew Charitable Trusts.